Diy sos system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone catch tonight's Holmfirth episode? I like the look of the home automation system they used. Does anyone know what it was? Any pros and cons? For anyone that didnt see it, the wall plates had two rectangular buttons on a standard chrome plate, one over the other, with two coloured lights between the buttons. Sockets had one button and two lights. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Hmm looks like good stuff. Uses existing wiring and comms via rf. I'm looking at options for my next house. We're upsizing next year and I want as many mod cons as possible. Particularly heating control.

LightwaveRF apparently had supply problems a while ago.. Not sure if it's resolved. I guess, make sure you can actually obtain all the gear you want ahead of starting to buy it

Sponsored Links
And remember that "the latest wireless technology" when written on the box is a marketing statement to make the device more atractive to DIYers and those who want a quick installation with minimum labour and hence maximum profit.

The more wireless systems that are sold the higher the risk that the the latest wireless technology will fail to perform due the channel being blocked by another system using the channel.

Agreed Bernard. I am uncomfortable using wireless kit in a fixed instalation. The attraction of the lightwave stuff is it uses existing wiring. I'd much rather use something that uses fixed signal wiring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back