DIY upgrade British Gas Smart Linked Thermostat to Hive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone done a DIY upgrade of an old British Gas Smart Linked Thermostat to a Hive receiver?
Do the two receivers require exactly the same cabling? Is it simply a question of removing the BG receiver, replacing it with the Hive receiver and reconnecting the same cables?
Even better, are the backplates of the two receivers compatible - i.e. do you simply need to remove the front part of the BG receiver and replace it with the Hive receiver?

Sponsored Links
The back plate and wiring are the same. All you need to do is change the receivers over.

Just to confirm: my existing BG Smart Thermostat receiver has the following connections:
- Permanent Neutral
- Permanent Live
- C (on terminal 1)
- CALL (on terminal 3)

Would C correspond to "Common" and "CALL" correspond to "Heating on" on the Hive single channel receiver?

Sponsored Links
Just to confirm: my existing BG Smart Thermostat receiver has the following connections:
- Permanent Neutral
- Permanent Live
- C (on terminal 1)
- CALL (on terminal 3)

Would C correspond to "Common" and "CALL" correspond to "Heating on" on the Hive single channel receiver?
yes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back