Diynot.com playing up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lads,

Is it me or are you having problem with Diynot.com? I have not been on here lately because I keep getting these error messages quite regular now, are you? :confused:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/diynot/f_dbase.php on line 57

Warning: mysql_select_db(): Too many connections in /home/diynot/f_dbase.php on line 58

Warning: mysql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/diynot/f_dbase.php on line 58

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/diynot/f_dbase.php:57) in /home/diynot/public_html/user.php on line 17

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/diynot/f_dbase.php:57) in /home/diynot/public_html/user.php on line 18
Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/diynot/f_dbase.php on line 57

Warning: mysql_select_db(): Too many connections in /home/diynot/f_dbase.php on line 58

Warning: mysql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/diynot/f_dbase.php on line 58

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/diynot/f_dbase.php:57) in /home/diynot/public_html/user.php on line 17

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/diynot/f_dbase.php:57) in /home/diynot/public_html/user.php on line 18

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/diynot/public_html/f_advert.php on line 11

Warning: mysql_select_db(): Too many connections in /home/diynot/public_html/f_advert.php on line 12

Warning: mysql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/diynot/public_html/f_advert.php on line 12

Sponsored Links
yes, this seems to happen on busy periods, and has been raised before. Sunday afternoon seems particularly busy. Its not playing up, just the forum being wimpy. ;) Got them a couple of times this afty.

Hi all,

Yes, unfortunately at very busy times things do suffer a bit, we are working to overcome this at the moment, hopefully in the next couple of weeks things will improve.

Fingers crossed etc. :) :D

Sponsored Links
DIYnot said:
Hi all,

Yes, unfortunately at very busy times things do suffer a bit, we are working to overcome this at the moment, hopefully in the next couple of weeks things will improve.

Fingers crossed etc. :) :D
hey! diynot, if you tell us just before they tweak all the little knobs and dials we'll say a little group prayer and maybe help things along ? we could maybe get slogger to do a mystical cyber dance?

its the chat/forum script they are using the servers at times get returned/Error messages ..
maybe if they had new sponsers(pool crawl anyone ? has any one EVER Bought one ..loL) willing to pay for a better service then the forum would be better /upto date

this is NOT a Flame by any means an I think this place is GREAT but with the HIGH amount of traffic ...maybe the owners should be getting with the Ebiz

I think its nothing to do with pool crawler, or tin ceilings for that matter, they are ads provided by google, ( i have them on my site too)

breezer said:
I think its nothing to do with pool crawler, or tin ceilings for that matter, they are ads provided by google, ( i have them on my site too)
how much does it bring in? we won't tell anyone :D

breezer
oh ... so this is free board ..... ????!!!!!!

Im sure with the member numbers some paid adverts would update the servers /bandwidth an updating the forum script ...an make the owners a few bob as well ....

sorry I was a MOD a few years ago on a few sites (spaceports servers)where you could get a free set up without adverts ..are they gone now ...?

breezer said:

[admin] Removed, see post below[/admin]
:D :D

empip

so is this a server host issue or just bandwidth ? guys flooding at times ?

Richardp said:
how much does it bring in? we won't tell anyone :D

for me the actual amount is has brought in to date is £0.00

if you go to google you can find out for your self how it works, but basicaly its like this:

some one pays to advertise on google, they get charged / click on their ad

I have code in my website (supplied by google) that lets google put ads on my site, for every click made on one of those ads, google charge them, but i also get a small percentage of that click charge (very small, even tiny)

now as it will cost more to send me a cheque than the amount i have "aquired" google only send a cheque at the end of the month, when if you have $100.00 or more, if you havent "aqumilated" $100.00 they wait until next month and so on, so as you see, to date i have had £0.00

Differnt types of ads bring in diffefrnt amounts, but as its winter my site is quiet, but come summer i will hopefully be getting a few cheques, which will cover the cost of the website for a year.

but this site having 1000s of pages thats a lot of ads, but the downside is that it must use a lot of bandwidth which is not cheap ( i had to remove some high useage video clips becuse it was costing too much,
and before any one asks what the clips were they were to do with gardening, (pictures speal a thousand words, video clip says umpteen million) since it is a watergardening site i run, its in my profile if you really want to look

Hi everyone,

Couple of things, first, empip I have removed your previous message, and the one above. I dont appreciate you telling people how to remove adverts as they are the things that provide this FREE service. I have kept the adverts to a minimal, with 1 banner and 1 googlead, I have specifically made sure that the ads shown are not pop ups, pop unders etc.etc. Perhaps if people would like an ad free version of the site for a monthly/yearly sum I could set it up, but I have a feeling it would not be popular though. I appreciate that you may not like the adverts but without them the site would not exist, this site does churn up a considerable amount of bandwidth!

As for the forum software, I'm currently in the final stages of testing and setup of a much newer version which will hopefully help with the 'too many connections' error and add a couple of features (nothing too exciting, just somethings that will make life a bit easier). Maybe by the end of the week if all goes well, we can change over.

Richardp I may have to hold you to the group prayer!
:D

Apologies .. twas a joke really... poor one.
E

Sponsored Links
Back