Reading data from Texecom Panels to a external server/service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all:

I've seen the odd blog/forum thread on attempts to read data from texecom panels onto a Arduino, Pi or server to then trigger other events such as notifications and home automation etc.

I'm looking at the new SmartCom capabilities but at the same time evaluating alternative approaches to fully control, integrate and customise what you can do with the data from the panel.

I've also thought about the digi com outputs and the panel outputs but I was hoping to get much more varied information from the panel. for example: to know which sensors are being activated to then deduce how different spaces are being used.

To get me started I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the best way to get detailed and real-time data out of the panel on an ongoing basis? e.g. hooking up to the com ports or dual com connections?
Followup question: what's the best resources that may already be written up on the web about setting up a Pi, Arduino or server to interpret the data for further use?

Thanks v much

Sponsored Links
Contact Texecom and complete a non disclosure agreement to get the appropriate protocols.

Thank you. email sent.
While I'm on here, one somewhat related question. Smartcom, does that have to use Texecom cloud services? or can you run your own domain and disconnect it with texecom cloud which in effect means it's all hosted on premise with your own domain name and DNS connecitng it to the internet?

Sponsored Links
@secureiam looking over my posts over the past few years I believe you've always answered! amazing. Thank you very much for the support!
Hopefully they approve me.

Unfortunately I was rejected on the basis that I am a DIY installer.
What a shame - I was solving a specific case regarding the safety of elderly people living alone.

You can buy the Texecom RM8 relay module and use the relays on that to mirror zones or other functions of the panel (e.g. when armed or in alarm state). These outputs can be used for arduino/pi. I use it myself to incorporate the alarm into my zwave system (not using arduino or pi), so I can tell when a certain zone is activated, when the alarm is armed/disarmed and when an alarm is triggered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back