Texecom premier Elite 48 - cant get Smartcom code

Look at section latest manual for the wireless expander section 5.3 is probably the best place to start.

unfortunately changing the expanders and updating the firmware can be problematic. The manual should be able to get you straight again. The allocation I was told had changed around somewhere between the versions and defaulting the wireless zones should allow you to relearn things back on. if it doesn't then manually go through zone setup wireless zones and do the learn and reset to each wireless zone to free up the space and then start again, learning back on.
Thanks - I may try tonight or leave it to Thursday as am away. I downloaded the new app but it needs an installers id to use. I am sure on a previous chat with Texecom they said that i would be able to use the app. will see what they say......

Sponsored Links
Look at section latest manual for the wireless expander section 5.3 is probably the best place to start.

unfortunately changing the expanders and updating the firmware can be problematic. The manual should be able to get you straight again. The allocation I was told had changed around somewhere between the versions and defaulting the wireless zones should allow you to relearn things back on. if it doesn't then manually go through zone setup wireless zones and do the learn and reset to each wireless zone to free up the space and then start again, learning back on.
Ok so I went through section 5.3 and ended up with 'All Devices Deleted'. I then used the Ricochet learn menu starting at device 09 for my door contact and put battery in as soon as the countdown began and it just counted down to 0 and failed :( . I admit I didn't put the expander into commissioning mode and I didn't take the contact off and move it near the expander, but its always worked before. I'm stumped at the moment. I guess I could change the expander and put the original back but I'm loathe to do that as the replacement expander was new (admittedly from eBay).

Sponsored Links
The expander at version 2 is not new as the latest versions are version 3.x and they have been around years. that auction site is full of old equipment claiming to be new.

You can also try going to Engineer Utils/ ricochet diagnostics (scroll up to get here)/type in first zone ie 009 if address 1. press reset and the default option will appear, press yes.

if that doesnt work then go through zone setup through each wireless zone and press reset to start the count down and reset to free the slot, if its a 32 xp-w you need to do this for all the 32 slots.

Expander does not have to be in commissioning mode to learn devices on.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back