DIYnot hanging

Sponsored Links
Its been slow for weeks, although today it was quite fast ish till it crashed.

Don't seem to bad at the moment.

It was unfortunately offline for about five minutes last night due to our providers network failing. I am looking into various issues as to why the forum could cause a high browser CPU load, and I hope to come back to you with something concrete soon :)

offline ... due to our providers network failing.
That's what I noticed. Your provider should have more redundancy built in to their system.

I am looking into various issues as to why the forum could cause a high browser CPU load, and I hope to come back to you with something concrete soon :)
I have not noticed this, but I have noticed that sometimes there is a delay. Sometimes it is caused by a wait for one of the adverts you rely on for income. At other times there is a "waiting for diynot.com" message. As Pings and Tracerts to the website address work OK when this delay happens, I have assumed that it is a processing problem within you servers.

Sponsored Links
i had my suspicions it was the diy not forum, since i have changed to using firefox, it does imply it is the forum :cry: (it says waiting for reply from diynot)

I don't have problems with DIYnot being slow, but I quite frequently find my entire system running slowly, and when I look the CPU is at 100% and it's IE taking all of it, and it's always the DIYnot window to blame - as soon as I kill that the CPU utilisation drops off a cliff....

I second that, been having exactly the same problem at work for several weeks now. I am on a network of several hundred computers running IE6.
I think its some sort of conflict between IE6 and DIYNOT.
Does not happen with IE5 (me here at home now).
Don't know if IE7 users have an issue with this?

I'm on IE7, I don't remember it hangin in teh last couple of weeks.

IE6 has been no problem since i stopped using it, i am now on firefox

I thought this thread was going to be about a lynch mob forming to hang certain (unnamed) members of DIYnot????

Still unable to log in at work using IE6.
Any News?
Here are the error messages

25 July 2008 szAppName : IEXPLORE.EXE szAppVer : 6.0.2900.2180 szModName : hungapp szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

Hanging application IEXPLORE.EXE, version 6.0.2900.2180, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Here are the error messages

25 July 2008 szAppName : IEXPLORE.EXE szAppVer : 6.0.2900.2180 sz Mod Name : hungapp szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

Hanging application IEXPLORE.EXE,

Its obvious even to a non computer nerd!

The Mods on this site dont have a name so it hangs !!!

From clicking on a thread from the index to seeing it displayed it takes about 10 seconds which is far too long !

I have an AOL ( now talk talk ) broadband and the tests show it connecting at 8 MB/sec.

However, a computer guru I met recently told me that those tests are not relevant because a small packet is delivered at a much higher speed than a sustained traffic engagement.

No programs I ever download are at more that about 224 kB/s.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back