Do all CH boilers have supply pipes in the same order?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a Vaillant EcoTec Plus 831.

I know they come highly recommended, but for us it's been very unreliable.

In terms of the supply, are all boilers laid out the same? The pipes on this, going from left to right are:

Flow, DHW, Gas, Cold Supply, Return.

Flue goes up, 90 degrees then out the wall.

Condensate must be somewhere behind the boiler.

If we replace it with a similar type, but from a different manufacturer (Worcester Bosch?) is the pipe layout the same?

I know there would be a bit of adjusting maybe, but with the pipes running as they are, it would be really messy to have to start crossing them over.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Generally the main 5 pipes are in the same order but not always the condense. For example I think worcesters connect to condense trap on the LHS.

Thanks. I suppose if I identify a couple of boilers I'm interested in I can probably find a tech drawing and see how much pipe work there'll be.

Not that I'm doing it myself of course, just the the pipes come into the room horizontally, then do a nice 90 deg turn to come up to the boiler. It would be a faff, and look awful to have to swap any round.

What is the WB equivalent to the Vaillant EcoTec Plus 831, by the way?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Would say a vaillant ecotec is better hands down to any worcester crap. The fact from the other post you mention insulation panels etc. im guessing a lack of service and a failed gasket could of been a downfall. Might be of the mark, but the burner gasket has failed, warped the door, maybe flue collector has melted and the insulation panels have melted ? Not saying it wasnt serviced.just that it wasnt actually serviced by someone decent.

The general feeling is that the combustion chamber must be opened every three years and the seals replaced them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back