How to select a decent brand of boiler?

From a kitchen tap, it would be tricky to tell.

Try an outside tap, or an unrestricted mains tap. A bath tap seeing as you are already running a combi.

Sponsored Links
thats pretty low for a combi. the worcesters you are looking at are set to deliver at between 13 and 17 litres for optimum performance, a smaller worcester. it would still work, but you'd not see your moneys worth.

get your installer to properly measure flow and pressure, but it looks like stored water may be your best option.

im sure someone with more knowledge than me can school you on an unvented system with an accumulator, if you have the space(loft?)

I can see press releases about this 111W boiler but nothing on the Viessmann website with specifications etc. Would be good to see flow rates etc but also dimensions. Will carry on looking.

Also, need to know if they do a wireless thermostat but again, nothing on their webpage. It's not giving me a warm feeling about customer service!

I can see press releases about this 111W boiler but nothing on the Viessmann website with specifications etc. Would be good to see flow rates etc but also dimensions. Will carry on looking.

Also, need to know if they do a wireless thermostat but again, nothing on their webpage. It's not giving me a warm feeling about customer service!

probably cos the official launch is'nt till around august. they've only just got one in telford. viessman uk training center. there only just slowley releasing the wb1c boiler. with the p25/29 contract boiler. regards controls and w111 dimensions. look at the 100w link on the viessmann website. then download the product guide. better still http://www.viessmann.co.uk/etc/medi...ite.Par.43967.File.File.tmp/DPGJUN2012web.pdf

Sponsored Links
I am surprised that MM did not tell us all about it first!

Tony

These have a five year warrantee ...
I think you mean warranty; you are confusing it with guarantee. ;)

Have you not noticed the "Edit" button which appears on you own posts? I regularly use it when I don't notice an error until after I have pressed the "Submit" button.

The Vitodens 100-W type WB1C are all available now in 26/30/35kW combis and four-pipe system boilers; there's also a 19kW system boiler, plus the WB1B Compact Heat-only boiler; also available at 35kW next month.

The type 111 wall-hung storage combis will be available next month. There is no advantage in fitting a storage combi unless you have a very good flowrate on your cold water main.

These all have a five year warranty, and the best primary heat exchangers you can buy.

Could you explain why they are the best primary heat exchangers??

Is this based on fact or your opinion

I would say they were the best... Atag, then Intergas (or vise versa depending if you are going for efficiency or reliability ) then possibly Veissman.

They're (Viessmann) also aiming to have spares prices twice that of anyone elses :D They dont do things in halves

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back