Do any of the sheds sell titebond?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to buy some titebond hide glue but would rather pop out and buy it than order from ebay. Anyone know if the sheds sell titebond or any other decent brand of hide glue

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Axminster have a large "Shed" in Sittingbourne if thats near you, full range of titebond.

I doubt you will find TB1 or 2 in a DIY shed let alone their hide glue.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-tool-centre-stores-artlshops/

Titebond is the only liquid hide glue I can think of, there are plenty of places (not sheds) that will have proper hide glue, thats the type that needs heating.

Jason

Thanks, do any of the sheds sell any other brand of yellow or carpenters glue or is it just the usually the pva stuff.

Looked online and the liquid hide glue seems to have a bad rep and don't fancy the hassle of making my own hide glue up.

DIY sheds are just likely to have PVA not the alphatic, what are you wanting to use the titebond for? As their hide glue has different properties to their yellow glue.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Thanks, managed to find some titebond original in a model shop for £4.

It was for a guitar neck repair lots of sites had recommended both titebond or hide glue but while hide glue seemed to have benefits such as being able to reverse the joints the ready made stuff had a bad rep and making up my own seemed too much hassle especially as plenty of people were recommending the original titebond as being just as good for what I needed

In another example of titebond's versatility I use titebond 2 to laminate skateboard decks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back