Do attractive air vent covers exist?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can buy attractive internal air vent covers?

The existing covers in my house are looking very tired and are unfortunately located in rather prominent positions.

I've looked in B&Q, Wickes, Homebase etc who have a reasonable range but none I'd really want staring me in the face...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to dredge this up but I'm looking for exactly the same thing - ideally adjustable (so it can be closed).

Someone?

what ever happened to forum rule 6?
forum rules said:
6) Do not hi-jack posts. Hi-jacking is adding your query to somebody else's thread.

the OP only asked 4 years ago (ok, 3 years 8 months)

I'm not hijacking it. I want to ask exactly the same question. Am I better just to repeat the identical question - or do this, which may in fact prompt the orginal OP to return and post his/her findings - which may in turn help me and others who stumble across this thread?

Surely it's logical to tag my query with the EXACT same question on this?

Sponsored Links
you added your question to some one elses post. That is hi jacking.

forum rules said:
6) Do not hi-jack posts. Hi-jacking is adding your query to somebody else's thread.

TheFunk (The op) only seems to ask questions, not answer them.

Be honest with yourself. would you reply to a question that you asked nearly 4 years ago? Would you expect a reply to a question you asked nearly 4 years ago. Would you have not moved on / found another solution / option?

No really would you? (be honest to yourself)

like the questions you have asked, you have moved on and do not think about them any more.

With respect, Breezer, I think you misunderstand me.

I don't think I did hijack. That more commonly refers to diverting someone else's post for your own purpose. I don't think echoing the fact that I'm looking for the same solution is the same.

Secondly, it's not inevitable that the original OP answered his question. He may have looked high and low but settled for the aluminium sh*te that the rest of us put up with. And if he's watching this thread, he might just be prompted to post somethign to that effect.

Lastly, my question on board etiquette remains: while I probably shouldn't have dredged up an old thread (tho' really I don't see it makes a difference - when is a thread old, for example?), I still think this was the most useful manner of repeating EXACTLY the same question.

Very lastly, I respect the expertise on the site immensely and do not want to fall out with anyone. Just think common sense should prevail in cases such as these. Patrollers all too often leap to point out rule breaking without questioning why it was imposed in the first place.

Blimey breezer, take a chill pill.

What difference does it make, the second poster has the same question as the op.

My understanding of hijacking posts is changing the discussion point from it's original purpose. (which is what I have done as the 1st and 2nd posters asked about vents and I am going on about posting guidelines :LOL: )

In answer to the original question try this site

http://www.inbrass.co.uk/acatalog/Ventilators.html

The post is nearly 4 years old, father to be himslef said

Sorry to dredge this up

forum rule 6 clearly says

forum rules said:

what part of "adding your query to somebody else's thread" does every one not understand?

but that aside i also pointed out the op only asks question, he does not answer them

see, Thefunk never told you that did he, because he doesnt answer questions, so next time please dont hijack posts

Have enormous amount of respect for you Breezer. Don't want to start an arugment but, pray (for I am a Father-to-be) how should I have asked this question? :)

by not hi-jacking the post in the first place.

you could have asked your question as you did but not by clicking on the reply buton on TheFunk's post

If the vents have not been found, you can check your home reno outlet.
They make your vents in steel painted many colours.
Plastics many colours.
You can get them chromed and brass plated , also you can get them in
real wood, all solid or ajustable.
good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back