What height for air brick installation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The way my house has been converted means there is very little airflow downstairs. I was thinking about installing 3 airbricks in 3 rooms (1 per room) to hopefully rectify this? Does the height I install the air bricks make a difference to the level of ventilation they provide?

Whilst I'm on the subject the internal vent covers in B&Q aren't particularly attractive, does anyone know a company who manufactures attractive covers?

Any help much appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
some air bricks have draft diverters i would recommend you make sure the ones u install have and if your house is double wall and has lagging in the gap you will need a connection to join both sides of the air brick together and to stop the lagging blocking the passages of air as for the looks i am sure you can paint or tart them up as long as you dont block them

on a darker note do you need ventilation for any gas appliances if so get a gas lad in to do your sums for you

If you have radiators against the outside walls put them behind these obviously yo will need to remove the radiators first and as previously said use a sleeve if you have a cavity wall

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, I didn't think of installing the vents behind the radiators. I think I'll give that a go and use sleeves as I do have a cavity wall.

The gas boiler is upstairs where, opposite to downstairs, there is a vast number of air bricks.....

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back