Do I cut back board when installing integrated oven ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a kitchen and wanted some information about installing a oven in a larder unit.

We have a howdens kitchen and the oven is 550mm deep.

Should I cut the back board? I presume I only cut it where the oven is going, and not below or above it where there will be storage space? What's the best way to cut it out? We haven't got oven yet and will be getting it later, so before fixing in unit I want to get this prepared.

Is there anything else I o other then setting shelf above and below the unit and cut back board and then feed wire through?

Attach is dimension of oven I propose to buy.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    285.4 KB · Views: 573
Sponsored Links
Are you sure that you have a larder unit? - they normally have a fixed shelf at half height (to stop the carcass twisting/bowing). There are specific oven housing units in the carcass range which will allow door/drawer lines to be maintained.

The appliance housing units also have fixed shelves to take the weight of the oven - not usually possible with a larder unit unless you either batten or fit your own camlocks.

So not a larder unit then!

There are a number of different appliance towers - check that the one you have purchased is the right one for the oven unit you plan to buy.

Sponsored Links
Worth double checking before hacking the back panel about though.

If it's the correct one then remove the appropriate section of back panel. Either mark, remove, cut and refit the panel or cut in situ - a multicutter works well. When refitting secure the cut edges where they meet the shelves by either a thin batten across the (rear) of the panel screwed through into the shelf edge or decen sized pan-head screws through the panel into the shelf edge. In either case, pilot the screw holes to avoid splitting the shelf.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back