Do I have to cut a new hinge hole for my kitchen unit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I just realized that my kitchen unit door is falling off. It is quite easy to see why as the screw holes are broken. I think I would need to cut a new hinge hole so the screws can be moved up.
Is it right way to fix my problem?
Many Thanks
P_20170623_210253.jpg

Sponsored Links
you could try drilling the holes where screws have been ,then glue in à wooden dowel ,when dry put 2 new screws in, self tappers. is there another cabinet next to the one in pic ? if so you may get away with using 2 longer screws so you go into the next cabinet .

you could try drilling the holes where screws have been ,then glue in à wooden dowel ,when dry put 2 new screws in, self tappers. is there another cabinet next to the one in pic ? if so you may get away with using 2 longer screws so you go into the next cabinet .
this is the last cabinet. many thanks

you could ,if you don't want to dowel it, place a piece of wood on the other side of cabinet ( I assume you would not see it as it is in the corner ) screw through from inside above and below hinge to secure it. then using wood screw's to go through hinge /cabinet and into the timber .

Sponsored Links
you could ,if you don't want to dowel it, place a piece of wood on the other side of cabinet ( I assume you would not see it as it is in the corner ) screw through from inside above and below hinge to secure it. then using wood screw's to go through hinge /cabinet and into the timber .
Hi, I think your dowel idea will work. Much easier than drill a new hole. Many Thanks

just bear in mind that they only work with the euro type screws shown in the OP's picture. they don't work with the woodscrew type fixings

I just realized that my kitchen unit door is falling off. It is quite easy to see why as the screw holes are broken.

Search repair items halfe

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back