Do I have to have a plume displacer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a GasSafe inspection following the installation of a Baxi HE15 boiler. He said all the gas and boiler stuff was fine but the flue was too near my neighbour's/my boundary (20cm when it should be 30) so I should divert the plume with a kit from Baxi. The installer's engineer came to measure up and he said that it would be a long tube going up to the roof! Well, my neighbour isn't happy as he's thinking of selling when the market improves and he thinks it would look 'awful' and I agree. He says he'd rather have the plume, which he's hardly noticed anyway. I'm inclined to forget about the displacer so can I do that? As it's not a gas issue can Gas Safe insist? What would you recommend? I'm really interested to know the best way forward.

Sponsored Links
If your current neighbour isn't worried, leave it.

If the new neighbours start complaining, change it then. Doubt they will though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back