Do I need a cavity tray?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am going to install a flush electric meter box under my front window soon. Will I need to install a cavity tray, or will the one above the window, and the windowsill effectively do the same job?

If I do have to install a cavity tray, then what is the best way of fitting it into the inner leaf?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
How far is it from the top of the meter box to the window cill?

Thanks for the Reply masona, I haven't installed it yet, so yet to cut the hole. I just want to make sure I have covered all my bases, and have everything ready.

I was thinking of putting it 1 or 2 courses of brick below the window cill, and it has a lip so there would be less brick than that exposed above it.

Okay, it's not difficult to do, put a sheet polythene dpm behind the box on the inner wall then a dpc under the window cill to the front of the box, when you buy the box, there's instruction explaining this.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back