do I need cooker switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have just had a total house rewire and someone has been to check it, all ok

someone else been out and says the cooker cannot run directly from the consumer unit, RCD.

Do I need a double pole switch? does it have to be in the kitchen? the wiring is long enough to pull the cooker out if needs be

Also its a rented house, there is a mains socket that has non channeled cables do the cables have to be channeled? the idea was to build a cupboard in this area but never got round to it.

Sponsored Links
thanks

I can't understand why one wasn't put in, but will instlla one asap

Also its a rented house, there is a mains socket that has non channeled cables do the cables have to be channeled? the idea was to build a cupboard in this area but never got round to it.

do all wires have to be channeled? can I just put in plastic conduit?

Why are you doing construction work on a rented house, is your landlord in agreement with it? Not sure that you sound competant do be doing this sort of work :(

Sponsored Links
thanks

I can't understand why one wasn't put in, but will instlla one asap

do all wires have to be channeled? can I just put in plastic conduit?

Cables don't have to be channelled but they look far better and yes you can use conduit but this can derate the cable particularly if the conduit has other cables in it. I'd be inclined to channel in depending upon what your landlord prefers really?

Cookers are best kept off the main RCD just in case you get a little nuisance tripping, especially on Christmas day when the kitchens being used at its max, don't want to go missing the Queens speech :)

Why are you doing construction work on a rented house, is your landlord in agreement with it? Not sure that you sound competant do be doing this sort of work :(

The cables were supposed to go into a cupboard for the boiler but the boiler was put in a different place. so no cupboard was built was built.

The cooker was supposed to be gas but the new tennant got an electric cooker given, so the cables to the cooker were rushed in. Think a switch was forgotten.

Anyway its the council health and saftey lot sticking there beedy eyes over the house.

The even said an alarm cable should be trunked as it looked a little messy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Competant, well I am the landlord and I am only asking questions lol

cheers for the input jj

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back