Do I need to redo pipework? Lots of elbows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

After changing leaking pump valves some weeks ago I had to rejig the pipe work a bit in the airing cupboard next to the hot water tank, pump and valves.

I'm a bit worried that the flow into the HW tank now passes through no less than 3 elbows in a tight loop of 22m pipework (just below the white motorised valve in the pics).

I know that work is certainly not to be proud of (embarrassing I guess!) but will it significantly degrade the overall system? Its a big system with about 20 radiators so I guess there are loads of other elbows but should a I get this work redone? Its particularly difficult for me to do because I think I would need to crack open the (very old) connector where the pipe meets the HW tank and I'm afraid I might not be able to stop it leaking once open (assuming I can get it open).

To be clear the only pipework I did was the ugly triple elbow feed from the pump (directly above) into the HW tank. All the other pipework was already there.

Sponsored Links
From a professional point of view it does look utter kack... But you are not a professional, and if you have hot water, then there are more important things on a Saturday night to worry about.

:mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back