Do I need to seal around a washbasin where it meets the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is under the right topic, but do I need to seal around the washbasin where it meets the wall ie behind the taps.

I have two DIY books that don't mention it and am thinking that the level of splashing should be minimum so not sure if it is needed?

Sponsored Links
So, where would splash water and condensation run to?

You could let it run behind the sink, where it will fester, or continue down the wall and leave streaks. On the other hand, you could run a bead of silicon.

tube of silicone , silicone gun £10 if that bead of silicone round back of basin and smoth over with wet finger ;) ,
if thats too hard leave it it's only water and enjoy the streaks created by it :p

That £10 includes a roll of masking tape for a jolly neat job too!! ;)

Sponsored Links
pride,, i used to know that , once upon a time ;)

amature??? and you talk about pride, shame on you :p

pride,, i used to know that , once upon a time ;)

amature??? and you talk about pride, shame on you :p

Thought it looked wrong when I wrote it, but decided to go with it anyway. Took you an edit of your post before you spotted it :LOL: :LOL:

A right pair of tools posting now, if you want to date I suggest a more appropriate site. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back