Do I remove the render here before leadwork ? Pic..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ignore lower line. I cut the first chase a bit low and badly. ..

When I dress/beat the lead drop down over the pebble dash, won't it end up looking like woodchip paper - all stippled from stones in the wall? I haven't found an example of anyone doing this anywhere? The drop always looks flat and smooth.

Do I....

Grind off the peaks ?

Hack off and re-render the strip?

Hack off down to ledger and fit lead without render?

What to do?

T.I.A.

view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RqkAoPKeLvezBCd0PYI-l1_TqSnEM75w/view?usp=drivesdk

Sponsored Links
Definitely fold it first.

Been there, made that mistake
:LOL:
Thanks.... Generally I have a 'how will this go wrong now ?' approach...
I have folded sections already but just can't see it laying flat to the wall without a few small taps ..... That will make it look instantly like the surface of the moon...

Sponsored Links
Fix some thin timber or ply to the wall between the chase & the roofline- nice smooth face. Or overfold it slightly (so you're tapping the lip into the chase rather than the flat onto the wall- in fact you'd end up leaning the lip into the chase & clip it quick). Or don't worry- long as it keeps the water out you'll not look at it very often

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back