Do I understand this correctly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As some of you may have seen I located a drain and now my SE has given me a spec to ensure its supported in our foundation his description was as follows:

As discussed, provide a 750x750 base to rear and bridge with a 600x600 ‘beam’ to bridge the drain and sit onto footing in front of the drain using RC35 or FND3 mix. Provide 4-H12 rebar top and 4-H12 rebar bottom in this beam (with 50mm cover all sides. H12 rebar to have 600mm lap into the base and 600mm lap into the main footing in front of the drain run.) Box pipe in and provide 150mm pea shingle surround to drain.

Im a tad confused or so I have this correct and in a simple way of understanding for me. To open up the trench to the rear of the Drain as ive marked in this pic and then rebar above and below the pipe then box the pipe in and fill with pea shingle? the rebar goes into the base and then 600mm into the footing. Is that correct or am I just over complicating it? Does anyone have any Pictures of what This should look like please?

1654803610466.png

Sponsored Links
Your SE should provide a drawing showing what he is specifying.

As I said on your other thread the other day though, one beam isn't enough. You need another beam perpendicular to the green lines to carry the foundation over the pipe in the other direction too. Either that of you extend the pads either side and span in one direction.

And all that is easier and more cost effective than just moving the pipe?

Sponsored Links
Something like the below would work - check with the water company if a public sewer to confirm distances from pipes etc.

1654855330650.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back