Do planning officers look at other things you've done?!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI Guys,

In early 2008 I build a pretty large workshop at the the end of my garden approx 6mx6m, Apex roof about 3.5m tall in the middle. This sits about 1m from the boundary line either side. When I built this i checked the planning portal there was nothing about the height in relation to the boundaries but I think this has now changed.

Theres never been any issue with it, complaints etc. I have great neighbours so know problem there.

My Mrs's now wants the attic converting which I think will envolve planning as it requires a hip to gable conversion. So does anyone know if the planning officers will start asking questions about the workshop if they make a site visit? The workshop probably means more to me than the house so I dont want any hassle about it.

Cheers Peter

Sponsored Links
in my humble opinion they will look at the percentage off your garden covered[less than 50% for permitted]
and unlikely to "notice" other items unless they are glaring and offensive

they will often see minor disgressions but decide they are " minimal" to make there lives more simple
but this is only my thought as i don't know

Thanks guys,

I was just a little unsure, the garden is quite big so it doesn't look out of proportion and its surrounded by trees so it sits quite nicely in the garden. I suppose the officers would start a lot of paper work for something no one has complanied about, i'm just blessed with the 'it only happens to me' syndrome!

I will take a look at the PD link,

Peter

Sponsored Links
HI Guys,

In early 2008 I build a pretty large workshop ....

Surely you meant that you built it before September 2007 don't you ...... which would mean that it is outside the four year time limit for any snooping planner in any case?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back