Do square-capped basin plugs fit any sink basin?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are having a new bathroom fitted and are buying the hardware ourselves.

Totally naive to this, we bought a basin and then realised we have to buy the plug. We've bought a square topped, sprung plug (http://www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/hudson-reed-square-chrome-slotted-sprung-plug-basin-waste-ek307.html) but it does not seem to fit our sink.

The detail is (and I hope I can explain it clearly) that the upper chrome part of the plug is curved to an extent that, when fitted, it will not engage with the closing mechanism of the plug because the sink basin shape does not allow it to be depressed enough.

I have two questions - i} do you think the upper chrome part supposed to be curved, and ii} I was wondering whether the height of the curved chrome upper is adjustable in these types of plug?

If anyone has any advice or experience of these things then I would love to hear from you.

Cheers,

Jon

Sponsored Links
From their website.
Technical questions etc addressed to
Hudson Reed
Telephone: 01282 446789
Mon to Fri 8:00am - 5:30pm
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax: 01242 282595
Widow Hill Road
Heasanford Ind Est
Burnley
Lancashire
BB10 2BE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back