Fitting advice for Grohe Tap and new basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,
We need some advice please.

We are currently changing our basin and tap, and have purchased a Grohe Tap which is ready to be fitted.

Currently we have a mixer tap installed with flexible pipe connection and a chrome waste and trap. (Some pictures are below of our current install and also the grohe fitting)

Ive borrowed a vernier and the waste pipe nut has a diamater of 44.61mm, the pipe is 35mm going into the wall.

We are going to fit this waste basin plug:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/captive-basin-waste/64920

So my questions are:
1) to fit the grohe flexible tap connection pipe which appears to be smaller than 15cm isolation valve connection. What adapter do we need for our fixings? I would like it to be as simple as possible. (link to screwfix or ebay would be useful)

2) Could you advice which waste trap and pipe parts I would need to purchase? (again links to screwfix would be useful)

3) Anything I need to consider or anything additional I need to purchase?

Thank you in advance!
15B5E250-DA16-4DEC-913E-4A6D75E94C64_zpswxsee6kt.jpg

DSC09537%20Medium_zpszdf9rl7x.jpg

DSC09536%20Medium_zpszfqvjxs7.jpg

Sponsored Links
You need a 15mmx 3/8" MI adapter. 15mm replaces the capnuts, and 3/8 to tap flexy

Sponsored Links
Can you not use the existing trap

I would prefer not to as it leaks a little bit. The new one is going to be hidden so it can be a super efficient white one, just need to know which sizes to buy.

Thanks

Go to merchants or Toolstation and get one and quarter inch McAlpine trap, preferably one with adjustable height
AA10 is one such trap
A10AV is for long runs (trap has an air vent to stop it gurgling)
A10 is basic version of above.

Replace the push fit with McAlpine 1.25" coupler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back