Do support blocks have to be under corner "feet" of container?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi when siting a container do the supporting blocks have to be directly under the corner feet or can they be under the outside "girders" that stretch the length of the container. I ideally want to put them under these girders just inside of the feet. One in each corner just inside feet
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have feet, why do you need support blocks? I thought they were only for flat bottomed containers?

Last edited:
all depends on weight and construction
we cannot give correct information without the full facts really ?
do you have a picture?
if you are talking about putting blocks under legs or feet and these are the only points supporting the structure then it should be fine

either or. The actual corners are more intended for lifting and interlocking. but you can place blocks underneath.
It’s more important that it’s level which ever way you do it.

Sponsored Links
I thought we were talking about planter/patio containers. Those ceramic things.

those ceramic things with ‘girders’ in.
you have to often look past people's descriptions as terminology may or may not be correct ??
for example i talked about trenching with a 1/2" router and the builder thought i was an idiot :LOL::LOL::LOL:
until i pointed out a trench is simply a recess between 2 sides ??:LOL:
to him its feet and inches to me it mm and cm

you have to often look past people's descriptions as terminology may or may not be correct ??
for example i talked about trenching with a 1/2" router and the builder thought i was an idiot :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Yeah nice , a girder’s a girder .:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

1D569900-4E8B-4902-A2CE-284263C3148B.png

maybe he wanted advice on shipping patio containers with girders in . :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yeah nice , a girder’s a girder .:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
you dont know what they are referring to yes it could be a girder in the correct context but it could also be say a chunky length off timber but they are not sure what word to use its just best to clarify as the actual "vessel" type size and construction will affect the correct suggestion

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back