Support blocks at corners for shipping container office.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am following on from a post I made a while back.
I am purchasing a 9ft x 20ft container to use as a second workshop. It only needs to be supported on each corner as the feet stick out a bit there and I need some advice on the corner supports they will rest on.
i want these to be just protruding from the ground so that they don't create to much of a step up to the door but be as strong as possible.
In effect the surface area of each support doesn't need to be more than about a foot but I would probably make them a bit bigger.
I am think of digging four holes( one for each corner) about 2 feet square and about 1 1/2 feet, shuttering,tamping down a layer of scalpings in the bottom and then filling with concrete up to the desired height so that they are all level.
The other thought was to dig the same size holes , bottom layer of scalpings , thick layer of concrete and then bed some cut to size blocks of sleepers onto the concrete again to the right height
Does this seem like a good plan or does anyone have any advice.
Thanks in advance
James
Th

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks all.
Transport and siting is not that cheap !
Roughly £400 but no other option I guess.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back