Do you believe that extra terrestrial life exists?

T

teaboyjim

I've never had an alien encounter but many people believe in them - do you know someone who has had an extra terrestrial encounter? From a purely mathematically probability there is certainly life out there in the universe and why would we be the only type of life - it doesn't make sense to think that

A Secret UFO dossier about famous UK sighting restricted from public for another 50 years - so why did they do this?
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/secret-ufo-dossier-famous-uk-22823965

Former police officer confirms he has had an alien encounter and was abducted
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/yorkshire-news/taken-bright-white-light-west-19235711

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
given that every star in the the sky is a sun and any of them could have planets orbiting

and that there are 100 thousand million stars just in this galaxy.

my guess is yes

I would say almost certainly, though in what form is difficult to know. So called advanced species may not last all that long, so at any one time it's possible there's only one advanced species in the universe. Fermi's Paradox.

During my time in service, military vessels regularly tested their weapon control radars and trackers by launching large helium balloons. These would be mesh lined with a metal radar reflector suspended underneath to produce a large Radar Reflective Area (RFA). Once the tracking serial had been completed, the balloons would continue to drift and rise several thousands of feet until they burst.
Anyone seeing these balloons at a distance would probably see a sparkle due to sunlight reflections and report a UFO as anything flying which cannot be identified would constitute a UFO.

Sponsored Links
it's possible there's only one advanced species in the universe.

We may be thought of as quite dumb, compared say to an intelligence that has existed for a million years longer than us.

Just think of the average IQ of a DIYnot poster..............:rolleyes::rolleyes:

upload_2021-4-4_16-40-45.jpeg

Other life must surely exist in the Universe, but are they little grey men with big eyes that kidnap people in the wilds of the USA and probe them? Doubtful.

Other life must surely exist in the Universe, but are they little grey men with big eyes that kidnap people in the wilds of the USA and probe them? Doubtful.
Your reference to "grey aliens" as opposed to green aliens is noteworthy as seventy-three percent of all reported alien encounters in the United States describe Grey aliens, a significantly higher proportion than other countries
Grey aliens, also referred to as Zeta Reticulans, Roswell Greys, or Grays, are purported extraterrestrial beings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_alien

There are those that believe extra terrestrial beings are here already - I don't know what I think about that but I do think it's fairly certain that extra terrestrials do exist somewhere

It's worth noting that if we are alone in the local group then even with light speed travel we would not be able to arrive at the next group because of the vast distance in-between, the expansion of the universe would mean we never arrived at the next gravity pocket and we would endlessly be traveling in empty intergalactic space.

In a few billion years when milkdromeida has formed the galaxies and other things outside the local group will be so far away we will begin to not even be able to see them, then eventually not detect them at all. Once this happens no information outside the local group will reach us and effectively the rest of the universe, life or not, will be dark and empty, forever.

There are those that believe extra terrestrial beings are here already - I don't know what I think about that but I do think it's fairly certain that extra terrestrials do exist somewhere

Men in Black movies - some believe they are factual!

It's worth noting that if we are alone in the local group then even with light speed travel we would not be able to arrive at the next group because of the vast distance in-between, the expansion of the universe would mean we never arrived at the next gravity pocket and we would endlessly be traveling in empty intergalactic space.
So am I to understand that even if we could travel at the speed of light that we would never arrive at the next galaxy group because of the never ending expansion of the universe?

Sponsored Links
Back