Do you have to wet Hardboard sheets before laying as underlayment?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Been reading some older posts see people saying you should wet hardboard sheets before laying. Is that true? Seems a little odd and I haven't seen any new posts recommending this. I did see a B&Q diy vid saying you should, but that was 8 years old.

I am looking to get the 3mm 2440x1220 hardwood "high density" sheets from Travis Perkins. Plan to lay in over old floorboards and to lay sheet vinyl over the harwood. Its a council flat so cost is a factor for the tenant, Ply would be far to expensive to lay throughout and I figure laying hardwood would be better then not laying anything before putting the vinyl down.

Also, the floor has a few sections of concete (near the chimeny breast and near some walls), if I'm using staples to fix the hardboard down, how would you fix it over the concrete sections?

Thanks,

Lee

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back