Do you still buy magazins/newspapers.

Could John Lydon be the cause of some people living in an alternate reality? It and programs like Question Time and similar would explain a lot

Sponsored Links
I get the Mail every Saturday for my Mum, because she likes the 7 day tv guide magazine that comes with. I flick through the paper, but it's all a load of celebrity tittle-tattle and non-news - then do the crossword.

Still nothing from Andy, Herts P&D about which 'publications' he buys. :cautious:

Sponsored Links
I get the Mail every Saturday for my Mum, because she likes the 7 day tv guide magazine that comes with. I flick through the paper, but it's all a load of celebrity tittle-tattle and non-news - then do the crossword.

Still nothing from Andy, Herts P&D about which 'publications' he buys. :cautious:

Most modern TV's include at the very least a 7 day program guide and likely more up to date than a paper version, better yet - you can mark them to remind you or record them for you if you desire.

Ah the good old days, buying 'Max Power' magazine to look at souped up cars, pages of alloy wheel and exhaust ads and perhaps a few pics of beautiful ladies in bikinis lying across the bonnet of a luminous blue Vauxhall Nova :)

Ah the good old days, buying 'Max Power' magazine to look at souped up cars, pages of alloy wheel and exhaust ads and perhaps a few pics of beautiful ladies in bikinis lying across the bonnet of a luminous blue Vauxhall Nova :)
That right as I said earlier in this thread. I looked forward to my car mag arriving, can't recall which one as this was over 20 years ago but they did come with busty ladies and my mum and sisters were not happy with that and nor was I.

Opel Manta was my dream car.

Most modern TV's include at the very least a 7 day program guide and likely more up to date than a paper version, better yet - you can mark them to remind you or record them for you if you desire.

Thanks Harry, but at almost 86, just turning a modern tv on can prove a testing time for her. Life's too short to explain the tv's other myriad functions to her. As long as she can get Master Chef without accidentally adjusting the horizontal hold she's happy. :rolleyes:

I had the Vauxhall version - the MK1 Cavalier Sports Hatch. But I always wanted the Monza. :cool:
We had a MK2 SRI that we drove to Germany to visit the in-laws as the FIL was on long-term contract for Ford in Cologne. The only tape we had was 'Bananarama's greatest hits' that we played all the way there and all the way back. 25+ years later the kids still moan and groan about it. The music, not the car!

The only tape we had was 'Bananarama's greatest hits' that we played all the way there and all the way back. 25+ years later the kids still moan and groan about it. The music, not the car!

Sounds like some kind of punishment - "and if you're really naughty it's the Des O'connor greatest hits for you!!" :eek: :eek: :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back