Do you still buy magazins/newspapers.

Sponsored Links
I buy a few car magazines on a regular basis

And quite like the “I” newspaper

I still buy newspapers, though not as much as I used to. Most of the pubs I go in still have newspapers, usually the Sun, Mirror, DM and occasionally the Telegraph and Times, so there's always something to read, and I love local papers wherever I go.

You never see The Guardian in a pub, though I'm not complaining.

Sponsored Links
I still buy newspapers, though not as much as I used to. Most of the pubs I go in still have newspapers, usually the Sun, Mirror, DM and occasionally the Telegraph and Times, so there's always something to read, and I love local papers wherever I go.

You never see The Guardian in a pub, though I'm not complaining.
Just as well, its full of long words & factual reporting

Crossword - funny, as I've never really done them, but only yesterdayi was looking for a good crossword app, bit didn't find one i liked. I'm rubbish at crosswords, but thought it might be fun to try to improve.

Sometimes there is a need to get to grips with person that produces the clues, ;) The Daily Express was one where I found that but the bloke I used to borrow it from lunchtime got fed up of not being able to read it while I had it. :D So had a few years of playing bridge instead until I moved.

There's nothing like that feeling when you hear the letterbox go, and your monthly issue of the "Railway Modeller" falls to the mat! ;)

Your MSM is dead. I don't know a single person who still buys a newspaper or a magazine, many commercial radio stations have already gone the same way.

Why are they still around then, you ask?

Because your govnmnt & one or two select $$$billionaires are funding them in the vain hope of keeping the narrative going. Hear me now, when that narrative finally collapses they are history.

But TikTok is thriving...pmsl.

As much as it despairs me to respond to you, yes indeed it is.

What TikTok gives people is what people want, which is the sad reality of it's success.

There's nothing like that feeling when you hear the letterbox go, and your monthly issue of the "Railway Modeller" falls to the mat! ;)
That takes me back to my youth when I await the letterbox to drop my car magazine.

Coming to think about it, before the net and before Teletext, you had to wait until the shops/offices open to get/seek info or details nowadays a few clicks on Google and you are there, incredible.

Btw, the last time I read a book is more than 29 years ago. The advent of instant/internet tv and more recently of the smart speakers and so many more radio stations means at bedtime you just blurt out the name of the station u want to hear, change inc volume, the time you want it to turn off etc.

Didn't Rod Stewart once say that one of his proudest moments was appearing on the cover of a model railway magazine.

Didn't Rod Stewart once say that one of his proudest moments was appearing on the cover of a model railway magazine.

He's never made a secret of it & it's a sad reflection on our society that so many feel the need to.

We all have our toys.

Sponsored Links
Back