Dob on a neighbour in a specific and limited way?

You are just an outright liar. I have NEVER, NOT ONCE, posted about austerity or cuts to healthcare. So, you have no idea on my views on either. But I'll tell you what - you and people like you, who can't see past the end of their own nose, will land us right back again with austerity and cuts because the longer this pandemic carries on, fuelled by idiots like you who refuse to follow the guidance because of political posturing, the less options there are for recovery.

What utter horse poo. Defending the Government absolute messing up.

Instead of using public health bodies to track and trace they decided to do it their own way. Then they established lighthouse testing labs who now cannot deal with the numbers of tests and now are asking the NHS to bail them out. On top the public procurement of PPE - contracts for friends?

Why was there need to bring in private providers - what exeprience does Deloitte have of managing public health?

But it's the fault of people not following the rules. This pandemic response and the rise in the cases is due to in large parts the current Government.

You voted for a party that pushed through 10 years of cuts and Austerity which has caused more deaths than this pandemic. So take ownership.

Sponsored Links
Austerity as a policy was a proven failure by 2014 yet they continued it for ideological puposes - its why we have the lost decade.

When AD is falling you don't cut it further through cuts.

Given your distrust of central government I would have thought you would be glad that some community minded people were prepared to protect the community.

Busy body types

Probably parish councillors and Bible punchers

Sponsored Links
I have just posted this on a mailing list ( some editing to avoid identifying the organisation )

The general public contains a large proportion of ignorant and/or un-intelligent people who need strict rules and enforcement of those rules to protect them and others from Covid.

The shooting party are very un-likely to be total Covid morons ( being rich does not ensure the person is intelligent ) so probably will do what is necessary to reduce the risk of being infected with Covid,

The morons who are taking part in mass gatherings and other infection spreading activity have to be controlled, the ideal situation would be that only these Covid morons were subject to control,

Discovering the morons during and after the virus spreading event will identify those who needs to be controlled but is too late, Spreading has happened during the event, So all the population has to be controlled to reduce the opportunities for morons to attend group events

And yes I am aware of the harm that the controls are doing to people's emotional and mental health, Various friends have ended their marriages (3) , lost their businesses (at least 4 ) , jobs ( several ) and many are facing serious financial difficulties now and for the long future.

Cummings did break the law though, even though it was a minor breach, at least that's what a professor of law thinks:

I agree there is not much equivalence, although Cummings should be held to the conduct befitting a special advisor, a bit different from some oik

t the relevant time, Regulation 6(1) of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions)(England) Regulations 2020 placed a strong restriction on movement: ‘During the emergency period, no person may leave the place where they are living without reasonable excuse’. Cummings’ excuse for the initial trip to Durham was that he was concerned to relocate to a place where childcare would be available, in the event that he and his wife were both simultaneously ill with symptoms of Covid-19. There is no explicit exception to this effect in the list contained in Reg 6(2), but this is not an exhaustive list of what may be legally ‘reasonable’ excuses. The family’s 260 mile trip to Durham is, however, difficult to square with the core, overarching government instruction in place at the time – ‘Stay at Home’ – and had the potential to carry the virus from one end of England to the other. If what is legally reasonable is interpreted against the backdrop of this guidance, it seems arguable the trip to Durham would fall comfortably outside the category of available excuses

https://ukconstitutionallaw.org/202...s-and-the-accountability-of-special-advisers/
I'll yield to yer man's knowledge of Constitutional law, as he should know more about it than me. Most of his arguments are "should haves". That doesn't really wash. On the subject of the criminal law we agree on only this part:

‘During the emergency period, no person may leave the place where they are living without reasonable excuse’. Cummings’ excuse for the initial trip to Durham was that he was concerned to relocate to a place where childcare would be available, in the event that he and his wife were both simultaneously ill with symptoms of Covid-19. There is no explicit exception to this effect in the list contained in Reg 6(2), but this is not an exhaustive list of what may be legally ‘reasonable’ excuses.

So for Cummings to have broken this law we have to test Reasonable excuse. Reasonable excuse is usually used when there is an intent not to make the offence a strict liability. So yer man is on soft ground when he implies how this should be interpreted. The fact he should have included in his article is that it has not been tested or defined. It would have been good if he's considered other legislation and decided cases, but he didn't he went on about his pet subject with shoulda woulda coulda arguments.

I have commented on none of the above so stop attributing to me views which I have never expressed.

Banging on and on and on about history isn't going to change it. We are where we are. Man up and start acting like a responsible citizen and support the efforts to get out of this as quickly and with the least further damage possible. You can be part of the problem or you can be part of the solution. I know which I am. Which are you?

Yeah, thought so.

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. "

I thought as much - the ahistorical defence for Government mismanagement.

It was public and political pressure that forced the Government into 11 U-turns, your absurd logic would be to doff your hat, show fealty and let them carry on regardless.

I'll be living next to my neighbours for longer than Covid-19 will run. Poisoning that relationship for the duration is not worth it.

Difficult or virtually impossible to police any way

General. Lack of respect for plod any way

There was a prog on the radio recently

Large sections of the community in Bradford ;)
Reckon there is no virus Tis all a government plot etc etc

the testing fiasco is just a front.
they deliberately don’t want the general public to know if they’ve got covid or not.
too much malice about, just take this forum as a perfect example.
‘if i’ve got it , someone gave it to me, and if someone gave it to me i’m going to make sure everyone else gets it’
combine that with, ‘well I don’t care if i’ve got it, i’m not missing out on any opportunity to get my selfies on ar$ebook’ . and what have you got?
knowledge is power.

I'll be living next to my neighbours for longer than Covid-19 will run. Poisoning that relationship for the duration is not worth it.

That Justice Sumption chappie on R5L the other morning was talking about this.
He reckons he spends his summers somewhere down France-way.
Says that even now, neighbours remember who collaborated with the Nazis.

If we want respect for rules, and respect for laws, it has to start at the top.

As we see, the reverse is also true.

Sponsored Links
Back