dodgy downlight wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a kitchen which partly is an existing garage the previous owner (boggett and leggit) has put in mains downlighters . A bulb went yesterday so i replaced to find that he has attachted one downlighter partly in the joist with the cabling to it too near the halogen lamp which is heating the cable. I have moved the cable away best i can. Is there such thing as heatproof sleeving which i can put over the cabling to protect it before i have to rip the whole ceiling down and redo wiring as i cant get to it from above ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use heat proof cable from the lamp to a junction box where the heat proof is joined to the existing PVC cables. Put the junction box through the hole and move it and PVC cables away from the hole. Refit the lamp.

Heat proof sleeving over twin and earth will not prevent the PVC from over heating and will not keep the wires apart if the PVC fails,

Try Megaman nad get the solution and lower running costs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back