Dodgy paste?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been putting up some lining paper the last few days and I opened a new pack of Solvite today and began mixing it as per its instructions only for loads of lumps to develop in it. They are thick and congealed, I even tried to squeeze some of the larger ones to force it to mix but this just created more smaller lumps. Ive not had problems mixing paste before is it likely to be a bad batch or something ive done?

Also if I now need to throw this away where should I put it? Down the drain or is there a chance it will block it?

Sponsored Links
I've had that before, and its when I put the paste mix straight into a bucket then filled it with water, best way I think is to start with the bucket of water and gradually add the paste mix. But Im just a diyer not a pro by any means :LOL:

Generally you dont get problems with solvite. Each 12 pint packet with do about half bucket of water, maybe slightly less. Cut a corner off the packet and start stirring the water quite vigorously, then pour the paste into the water continuing to stir for about a minute. Leave to stand for a few minutes before using. If you want the paste thinner, add water then re-stir. Dont add more paste to already mixed paste as this will just cause lumps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back