Dodgy Roofing Job/Cowboy - Advice Needed!

I was going to start a new thread on slate repairs but as you are talking about it here, then I may as well ask

Best ways to replace slates?

Copper Wire,
Lead Strap
Silicon
Centre Hole & Tin to cover nailhead & Silicon
Proper Hooks
Repair Kit?

Sponsored Links
it does appear that some of the tiles are not properly sized to fit the opening but I don't see a problem with that. There are numerous other broken tiles that were not replaced. I would call him back out to resolve/repair if the contract in fact states to replace all broken and or missing tiles

Sponsored Links
An interesting topic really and everyone tackles it in different ways!

I would have replaced the damaged tiles with the closest match possible. There are great silicons on the market theses days & I would have stuck them in place.
I would have rang the owner up and said they will be the closest match possible and see what he sais.

I dont think he should had left the damaged ones there and with regards to the price - its a fair price !
I carry a full tower round with me in the van and its only half hour to pop one up - but yes safer.

Craig

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back