Does anyone know the max capacity of a Domestic Gas Meter?

Not familiar with this boiler. Is there no way of being able to reduce the output of the boiler in any of the menu's?

Sponsored Links
The cottage has its own meter, with a 37kw boiler. Did think at one point we could tap off this. The cottage supply is teed off of the 32mm pipe coming up from the road - it splits with one pipe going to the house, one to the cottage.

Air con / heat units could well have been an option - not sure why they weren't considered. Also not sure how often the games room will be used. I have my suspicions not that often, but daren't suggest that to my husband. It's his play room!

The cottage has its own meter, with a 37kw boiler. Did think at one point we could tap off this. The cottage supply is teed off of the 32mm pipe coming up from the road - it splits with one pipe going to the house, one to the cottage.

That must be one hell of a cottage if it needs a 37 kW boiler!

Proportionally with your 30 rads then the cottage could have about 17 rads.

Dare I ask how many acres the groundsman has to look after?

If I built a games room then I could fill it with old boilers to play with. But the land is sloping so thats not so easy so I have to make do with my customers. I do have an air raid shelter though but its too small to lie down in as well as a bit damp.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The cottage is not large - it is a small two bedroom bungalow with 5 radiators. The reason it has such a large boiler, is that there is a plan to develop it into a bigger house at some point in the future.

The 'groundsman' or more accurately, the 'gardener' looks after 9 acres, though about 8 of them are woodland :LOL:

Have got a quote on the insulated pipe today, £500, although they wouldn't say it would stop the water from freezing where it goes down and comes up before going into the two buildings.

The plumber is back tomorrow, I will ask him about it!

Now I know I may be opening myself up to ridicule here, as this may be a really dim question, but can you put antifreeze into the heating pipes?

Two points!

Pipes buried at 750mm plus are not expected to freeze which is why mains water pipes are buried at that depth.

In the UK its not usual to put antifreeze in heating pipes because our preference is to add frost stats to turn on heating when the system approaches freeezing.

Tony

It's not the burying at 750 that is the problem it is the coming up again.

If the OP used these of whichever manufactures she wanted

http://www.flexalen.co.uk/

Then cut through the solum and rose inside then not so much of a problem.

Where would you fit the frost stat?

Don't think you can get an IP55 one :?:

for external pipe runs antifreeze eliminates the frost risk. i use it in france because when i'm not there the heating is off and it's cold in them thar hills

the OP has a large system to run so unless it's all zoned it becomes expensive to fire up the whole lot just to protect 2 pipes. careful installation of external pipes with adequate insulation would help, antifreeze is belt and braces

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back