Does anyone know the max capacity of a Domestic Gas Meter?

The gas supplier fitted the wrong meter and not transco. Find out who it was, might be BG (can you ask the previous occupants), and tell them they fitted the wrong meter.

'Slightly over' translates as not acceptable.
earlier posts point out that the heat input could well be around 70KW so the meter is overloaded. end of.
just make sure you get a good deal from the 2nd boiler fitters. gas-safe would crucify them, so you have leverage. maybe they would volunteer to connect up your games room?

Sponsored Links
Don't - I have had builders here since last May and still have one more project to go - I can't face the idea of a swimming pool - it will take me over the edge, literally!

Forget the gas, I'll probably blow the electric as well just for good measure.

party lights as well!! eeeh chuck, tha' does know how to live down south

101 KW... Ju he sus! Fantasic. Can I come visit for the weekend? We'll stay in the west wing with the billiard table... no trouble!

I can go back to the previous owners, they are very helpful and friendly.

Was hoping I could get by with my boiler and gas fire, but from what you are saying I really should still change the meter for the U16. Will see if I can get a reduction from the original supplier, though this will probable be a battle.

I agree with your suggestion that if the gas installer sets up the games room to the house boiler at no charge that would seem a fair result.

Sponsored Links
shouldn't be a battle, they fitted an inappropriate meter. that contravenes gas regs

if surveyors had brains they might have picked it up at survey

Yeah, feel free..

If you're planning on partying in the games room you will need to visit between 12am and 4.30am - that's the only time I can set boiler to come on in that room!

[/quote]

off-peak visiting hours!! crackin' idea, grommit

where is surrey??

Just look for a haze of gas vapour along with a buzzing sound from all the gas and electric being consumed and you'll be travelling in the right direction!

We don't live in a mansion!!

The equivalent of 30 rads indicates quite a large house to me.

I thought mine was large enough for a house in London but even if I put TWO in each room and just one each in the kitchen, bathroom, shower room and hall then I would still only have 21 rads and the actual number required is only 13 !

Your boiler INPUT power is about 70 kW and your fire 7 kW so your total power consumption is about 77 kW, just within the supply capacity.

The obvious way to heat the games room is either a simple electric fan heater system or better a reversible airconditioning unit so that it can be cooled in the summer. Or perhaps its too large for one unit but then two could be fitted.

How many hours a year is the games room used for?

Tony

is that you on the verandah going down in a blaze of glory??

P S you don't really have to answer that one....

Yes, I was going to add that if you see a plume of smoke you will know the problem has gone away!

Sorry, I shouldn't joke about this I know!

I forgot to ask!

How does your groundsman's cottage? Is it from the same gas supply?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back