Does Anyone Know What This Bracket Is??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The brass one on top of the long metal plate.

http://img858.imageshack.us/i/bracketm.jpg/

I went to my local hardware store today but they had absolutely no idea!

I just need the name of this bracket and what section it would be found in (fixing, electrical, aerials etc)?

Thanks guys![/img]

Sponsored Links
That "brass" is plated steel. The quick release fitting is held by a thumbscrew.

Sponsored Links
Hey Wingcoax

What's the actual name for that brass bracket? What do I ask for at the hardware store? Walking in there asking for a brass plate will be a hit or miss scenario.

What is this brass bracket used for?

I have a feeling its for TV aerial installations

Looks like it could be for a mast mounting clamp.Best bet would be to take it with you.

If you don't know what the bracket came from it,s likely to be purpose built by manufacturer for the job so will not be available off the shelf.

If I cannot get this bracket, what would you guys use as an alternative to achieve the same thing?

Loads of brackets if you Google "camera fixing bracket".

Or remove the top of a camera tripod, my tripod appears to have a similar quick release fitting.
JonB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back