Does anyone know what tool I need - unusual hinge I think!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a look through the forum, but I can't find this one. As you will see in the picture I bought a tool that I thought would be correct to adjust the front door but it is too small. Any ideas what I need to buy to slot into this type of hinge?
57F4DF67-4DDD-43BF-807C-962F331D7360.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I`m no expert, but I think all you need is an allen key to fit the side and maybe bottom of the hinge to adjust the door.

I don`t think the top of the hinge in the pic has anything to do with it.

Good idea, but I've checked that and it's the same from underneath. Weird one this.

Open the door and look at the back of the hinge, you'll probably see two allen key holes, turn these one way or the other to the desired side, one bit at a time

Sponsored Links
There are two holes (see picture) but I've tried all allen keys and no luck. They seem to show a thread?

Attachments

• IMG_8912.JPG
    IMG_8912.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 77
Looks like grub screws in those holes, you're trying like a 1 or 2mm allen key or something? Got a good close up pic of one of those holes?

Here's a close up. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_8913.JPG
    IMG_8913.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 44
Edited: sorry missed some of the posts
Loosen those 2 little grub screws a little, and then see if the door can be shuffled up a bit.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back