Does anyone recognise this mixer tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I'm new here! I'm trying to fix a minor leak on the base of a mixer tap that I bought from John Lewis several years ago. I've posted some pictures showing detail. I'm trying to remove the tap from the base but can only pull it out so far, and don't want to pull too hard in case I break the thing. Any clues?

Also, how do I disassemble a tap housing on this? There's a screw on each tap that obviously holds the tap on, but how do I get to the valve mechanism inside - those covers don't look like they screw off.

Thanks for reading!

Sponsored Links
I don't know the exact model of your tap, but if the cross head handles are removable then the shrouds/covers are removed by unscrewing them and then the internals can also be unscrewed. Be careful no to score the surface of the covers. There is no need to remove the complete tap to service it.
The spout should just pull straight up and out.

Thanks for the quick reply Pete! Glad I don't have to remove the complete unit - it was a b*gg*r to fit in the first place! I've been giving the spout quite a pull, but it doesn't seem to wanna budge beyond the point shown in the photo - any "spout won't budge" tips!?

Not really, other than to make sure the grub screw that held it down is completely removed. It should come out with "gentle" upward persuasion.

Sponsored Links
Hi gazz to stop the leak just make sure you replace the O ring with one the same that's on there. I don't think you will have a grub screw on these as they are screwed down with a nut on the spout. Just give it a bit more and it should pop off to replace the O ring. I had to fix one of these taps a few week ago, that I fitted two year pervious. Just check inside where the spout goes, as sometimes they can be a bit worn, and damage the O ring and cause another leak. Hope this helps. rob

Thanks Rob. You're right, this particular model is just screwed down, no grub screw. Doesn't look like anything should hold it in place, but it just didn't seem to want to budge beyond the point in the photo. I'll give it another go tomorrow - too close to wife-getting-home-time to start on this again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back