Does apollo 30s need 240v mains switching?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have had to replace my central heating control as it had failed, I have replaced it with an electronic Siemens RWB7 timeswitch. I cannot get the boiler to fire up when the program kicks in. There is only one control circuit as HW and CH are not seperate. The only thing I can think of is that the boiler may need 240v mains switching as this is an option on the controller. Does anyone know if this is the case? I do not want to make the link and cause damage to the system. I cannot find a manual for the boiler online to confirm and when I moved in the manual was not left behind.
Many thanks in advance for your time taken to help me out!
Pegasus

Sponsored Links
The Apollo 30s needs a permanent supply so the pump overrun can work.

You can find an online manual for all Apollo Boilers at:

http://85.189.44.185/Baxi/

There are many Apollo boilers so you need to check the GC No on the boiler plate to get the right one!

Sponsored Links
What did you take out and did you use existing backplate without altering wiring.

The rwb7 usually needs a live link connected to terminal 2 when used with a normal boiler such as appollo

I took out an invensys EMP2 (noisy piece of gear), I was pretty sure it needed the 240v link but having no experience needed to ask people in the know as it were. Searched everywhere and couldn't find an answer or a schematic. Will give it a try tomorrow, thanks for the advice!
Used the new backplate even though it was the same as the original, if I'm going to fit a new control may as well change the backplate I suppose, prevents corroded terminals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back