Does changing your tap temperature on boiler also change the shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is prob a stupid question.

I was wondering on my potterton promax ultra boiler, there options to change the temp off the radiators and water separate.
If I change the water, does it only do this for taps only or does it also effect the shower?
I know you can change the temp obviously in the shower but I'm just not sure if the setting in the boiler effects it at all?

Regards
James

Sponsored Links
Depends on the shower. Is it electric or run off the boiler, also does the shower have a thermostatic valve on it.

Reactions: CBW
Hi sorry, it runs off the boiler and there is a valve to change the temperature.

Thermostatic valve usually have Max temperature of 38 degrees so shouldn't affect the shower. If you don't have a bath then run a hot tap if it's too hot to hold your hand under and you have to add cold to it, then turn down temperature on boiler till you can without adding cold. Got mine set at 45 degrees any added cold water is wasting gas.

Sponsored Links
You may require a hot tap temperature of 50C, so you can set the combi HW temperature to 50C, A thermostatic shower will then add cold water to the 50C hot water to give the required showering temperature, if you havn't a thermostatic shower you have to add (mix) the cold water yourself. Its probably safer to have the shower temperature controls do the mixing as a thermostatic shower has almost instant reaction to any temperature variations whereas a combi boiler temperature IMO will certainly drift up and down a bit as the burner controls will be far slower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back