does copper pipe come in 25 mm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to make a kind of built in corner wardrobe and was planning on using 25 mm dowel and a couple of 'wardrobe rail ends', creating a right angle by glueing the dowel into a copper 90 degree elbow . . . .but I can't seem to find any 25mm copper fittings . . . do they exist?

cheers

Sponsored Links
No.
22mm or 28mm OD copper.

Or use a brass/iron f&f 1" bsp elbow and you could screw the dowels in?!

You could drill holes through a block of wood and carry one dowel on to the wall/end, making a T, which would support the rails too.

Trim the dowel to fit into 22 mm fitting. :idea:

Look a bit naff though.

Why not use the proper rail hangers :?:

Sponsored Links
its in a corner of the room, and I want to maximise hanging space so thought I'd come out the wall 500mm or so, then 90 degrees and back into the other wall, with a T used to run a dowel down to the floor for support . . . .

cheers

mmmmm, see what you mean :)

can't quite picture the wood solution though I think you're onto something . . . I could start with a block, drill holes in 3 sides to take my 3 dowels, then shape the wood so it doesn't look toooooo crap . . .

buy 28mm ext diam pipe, it is very near an inch inside

johnd, that won't work with the "rail ends" which as far as I know will only take inch . . . .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back