Does Johnstone's stain block primer also work as a sealant?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone now if this also works as a sealant? I have had to repair part of my ceiling after being flooded ( twice, the second time after i had repainted to fix the first time) . I repaired the ceiling with adhesive and it is ok. I am now going to use a stain killer/block to overpaint the water stains.

The company whose shoddy work resulted in me being flooded twice have supplied Johnstones stain block primer. The blurb on the tin says its a stain blocker/primer but has no mention of sealant like many other stain killers have.

As i will be repainting the ceiling with emulsion i would like the areas where i have used adhesive to be sealed so that there is no chance of the wet paint loosening the adhesive. Does anyone know if i need a sealant , would Johnstones stain block primer do the job and does it also work as a sealant?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
So it will also be a sealant then? I have a tin of the stuff so just making sure. thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back