Does my grout need sealing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi after many trials and errors i have finally got my bathroom finished, it has been functioning for two months now, I was just wondering if my grout needed sealing? The grout i used was bal microflex white (the one that is suitable for power showers) the reason i am asking is the grout does not look as white as when it was first finished it looks light greyish in certain areas, yes its had a good clean, im not to bothered how it looks it still looks decent enough i am just wondering if i should have sealed it. I did what the manufacturers have suggested and left 14 days to cure before using the shower.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
20210213_111617.jpghere is the affected wall sorry if it's not clear enough its the best i can do, the grout was a lot whiter before about as white the silicone bead. Again it still looks decent but if i could make it whiter im happy for suggestions thanks, does it look okay?
Thanks

Hi, should bal microflex be sealed? Should i have sealed my grout before using the bathroom i only ask because the grout is not as white as when it was first finished, you can probably make out It looks a bit greyish. Anything i can do to whiten the grout again?

I appreciate you all have things to do but would really appreciate an answer to my question i have been more than patient. thanks

Sponsored Links
Guys come on please answer my question its been 8 days! You can't say i haven't been patient enough, all i would like to know is should i have sealed my grout? Anyone who does this for a living please help.

You can use a grout cleaner and give it a go. You can find a many in any tile shop or DIY store. Or hit up amazon. LTP and HG are decent brands as far as I know. Just follow the instructions.

In Re. sealing. I always do. Why not? Some will say you don't have to and you don't probably "have to" but it can't hurt and other than your time I always figure it will prevent me needing to scrub the crud out of it later. Just my DIY 2 pence.

Oh a bit of advice is buy an grout sealer application bottle. You can technically buy one that comes with sealer in it..or just a plain bottle. Its essentially a bottle with a brush at the end. Not necessary mind you but I found it saves time. I used something like this before. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Miracle-Se...pplicator+sealer+bottle&qid=1614637391&sr=8-4

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back