does my new EDPM roof look right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just had a new EDPM roof fitted on my porch. I'd seen examples online and was hoping it was going to look like the pictures I'd seen...shiny/sleek/clean and new looking.

Instead it looks dirty and patchy. I've been up on a ladder today trying to clean it up a bit with water and a cloth but most of the marks won't come off. Does this look normal?

I'm disappointed because I was expecting it to look new...at least for a while!

Sponsored Links
How it's got that dirty is beyond me, have they been mixing cement on it?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure they did not re-roof that car in the top corner by mistake?

nah cause that looks a mint job. The more I zoom in the more I see bits of flashing lifted and other various shadows that could be problems but hard to see. I’m guessing a checkatrade/my builder quote out of 4 people.

nah cause that looks a mint job. The more I zoom in the more I see bits of flashing lifted and other various shadows that could be problems but hard to see. I’m guessing a checkatrade/my builder quote out of 4 people.

Which bits do you mean? I'll take a closer photo.

They were builders who were going other work on my house already and they showed me a photo of another EDPM roof they'd done that week which looked good.

It's obviously not a heritage site so there is no need to make new work blend in with the surroundings - although they have made an excellent job of that.

I can only think that they must have chased out the wall for flashing and that is all the dust. But normal people would give it a sweep.

So an update, I've been up on the roof with a bucket of warm soapy water. Some of the marks were dirt and came off. Some of them were glue or similar and came away with some scrubbing. Others will not shift at all. The main thing I don't like is the long line on the right hand side of the photo at the join, I don't know if it's where dust etc has stuck to glue or something? This is it looking the best I can make it now and I don't think it's great. What do others think?

Kinell !!
Glad I have seen that.
My first attempt on my garage now looks as though a master roofer did it .

Is the white line contact adhesive under a flashing ?

Kinell !!
Glad I have seen that.
My first attempt on my garage now looks as though a master roofer did it .

Is the white line contact adhesive under a flashing ?

I'm not sure, but yeah, something like that. I'm glad it's not just me that does not think it's that impressive

Did they leave the old felt on and try to do a cover up ?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No excuse for not sweeping the trapped air out on a roof that size.

Hope his Horse didn't leave a mess !! :oops:

No, I saw that the old felt was removed. You mean the air bubbles? I hadn't really noticed them until now. So I can add that to the list with glue marks, not enough pitch (water is pooling) and too many joins

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back