Does my system need a flush?

Roo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's the cold time of year again and I decided to bleed my radiators before they are on constant use for the mrs.

I bled them ok but when I did I got a lovely black mess out of them, I've also noticed that the hot water seems to be murky white when the taps not opened fully.

I have not got a clue about Central heating at all and this is the first house I've had it in, but It seems to me it needs a flush does that sound right?

If not a flush is there a way I can clear the hot water up?

Bearing in mind I haven't a clue on central heating, is a flush something I can do my self or is it worth getting a plumber in?

I think I have a closed system with a gas boiler in the kitchen and a hot water tank in the airing cupboard upstairs, don't remember seeing anything in the loft the last time I was up there but I may be wrong.

Thanks
Roo

Sponsored Links
I bled them ok but when I did I got a lovely black mess out of them, I've also noticed that the hot water seems to be murky white when the taps not opened fully.

Yes, you need a flush.
No, do not do it yourself if you are not experienced with central heating. There is more involved than simply getting the dirt out.
Find yourself a local chap with good reputation, get him to clean the system and service the boiler. Over time you will probably safe yourself money, and surely large amounts of hassle. The vast amount of my work is repairing the results of diy, poor workmanship and lack of maintenance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back