Does round up work on moss on tarmac?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was out doing the garden and put round up down as the weeds along the edge of the house are just crazy. Part of the path is tarmac and is covered in thick moss which I sprayed with round up. Will it do the job?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I was out doing the garden and put round up down as the weeds along the edge of the house are just crazy. Part of the path is tarmac and is covered in thick moss which I sprayed with round up. Will it do the job?
No, glyphosate doesn't kill moss

I use warm water with a handful of salt dissolved in a bucket, a yard brush and vigorous action to keep it down. Moss is very difficult to kill.
I don't mind having it on the drive but have to do something about it on the yard when it builds up and becomes slippery.

"Wet and Forget" will treat it.

There are other products but I don't remember the name.

"Wet and Forget" will treat it.

There are other products but I don't remember the name.
I had never heard of Wet & Forget until John mentioned it. What I have used it is Patio Magic, it (and Wet & Forget, probably others) are c. 7-8% benzalkonium chloride that you dilute down to 1-2% and apply by spray / watering can.

Once the moss is dead, it will turn brown & shrink but will still be there. And it will come back!

I'm not an expert but I would be very surprised if glyphosate worked. It is designed to kill quite different types of plants.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back