Does the fill level of this f&e tank look about right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

As per advice from a previous post I had, I'm going to dose a cleanser through my open vented heating system to see if it improves the water circulation/flow.

I was in the loft today to suss out where the f&e tank was. I don't know much about these but when looking at it I expected to find it more filled with water, I know it needs space for water expansion so may be fine but thought it worth checking.

I had some work done on the system earlier in the year so I'm just checking incase the inlet to the tank was isolated for this but never turned back on.

So basically does the level this f&e tank is filled to look about right?
20171223_160308.jpg

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Yes that's fine and as it should be. The water doesn't get used, unless there is a leak and it will be replenished then anyway. As you have figured out there is space for expansion.

Sponsored Links
But bail/aquavac the water out of it and give it a good clean before you allow that water down into your CH circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back