Does the HRA apply in Germany?

I'm sure that France, deported many Roma's (contrary to EU law) and nothing was said. Germany (some years ago) used to deny German citizenship to the offspring of Turkish immigrants , born within it's borders. Even as I type, Germany is deporting many,"failed asylum seekers" back to their countries.. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/germany-an...ass-deportation-failed-asylum-seekers-1537701
I do wonder what would happen if the UK government tried to do this? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...convictions-for-illegal-entry-to-Britain.html Hmmmmm could this be a case of double standards, or are we the only country in Europe willing to put up with (and encourage) failed asylum seekers??

I just know your going to say that German Laws are so much different from ours now ;);)
We are not part of the Schengen Agreement. That makes us different.
Also, Jockscott's link shows this;
A senior figure in German Chancellor Angela Merkel's party has called for the deportation of up to 1,000 failed asylum seekers a day.
It has not been implemented. It's a policy call! Thus his "Even as I type, Germany is deporting many,"failed asylum seekers" back to their countries." is an inaccurate statement or an exaggeration, by his own sources.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I do wonder what would happen if the UK government tried to do this?
Your question doesn't make sense.

The UK does deport failed asylum-seekers, and also coerces them to leave without the expense of deportation.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure that France, deported many Roma's (contrary to EU law) and nothing was said. Germany (some years ago) used to deny German citizenship to the offspring of Turkish immigrants , born within it's borders. Even as I type, Germany is deporting many,"failed asylum seekers" back to their countries.. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/germany-an...ass-deportation-failed-asylum-seekers-1537701
I do wonder what would happen if the UK government tried to do this? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...convictions-for-illegal-entry-to-Britain.html Hmmmmm could this be a case of double standards, or are we the only country in Europe willing to put up with (and encourage) failed asylum seekers??

I just know your going to say that German Laws are so much different from ours now ;);)
We are not part of the Schengen Agreement. That makes us different.
Also, Jockscott's link this;
A senior figure in German Chancellor Angela Merkel's party has called for the deportation of up to 1,000 failed asylum seekers a day.
It has not been implemented. It's a policy call!

Where the hell did jockscotts post go?

That's a valid content there, thanks for quoting it

Edit. Looks like it's back. Don't know what happened there.

Last edited:

This is a UK organisation that was setup to consider cases that fall outside of other appeal procedures:
Most people recognised that the job of investigating suspected miscarriages of justice and referring appropriate cases to the Court of Appeal should be given to an independent body. And, in 1997, the Criminal Cases Review Commission was set up under the chairmanship of Sir Frederick Crawford,
The CCRC’s action is strongly promoted by its chairman, Richard Foster, who is also chair of the Refugee Council, which campaigns to “support and empower refugees” and “offer practical support to people who are seeking asylum.” The council has described the UK asylum system as “unfair and inhumane.”
from your link.
You have a problem with this? Complain to your elected representative. Don't use it to exploit your prejudices.

In retrospect, I withdraw my comments.....and replace them with this:
your comments have absolutely nothing to do with the the subject under discussion. I suggest you re-read Woody's comments about addressing the issue.
But I understand if you're on your own political agenda.

Last edited:
Ahh, so,, is the UK is a special case then? Does Germany have an organisation protecting the rights of "suspected miscarriages of justice" ... I wonder if anyone is prepared to accuse German asylum system as unfair and inhumane" ? Seems there's plenty in this country who accuse us of being "unfair and inhumane"
At the end of the day someone is either here "legally" or "illegally" What's the problem with deporting them if they're here "illegally" ?

Ahh, so,, is the UK is a special case then? Does Germany have an organisation protecting the rights of "suspected miscarriages of justice" ... I wonder if anyone is prepared to accuse German asylum system as unfair and inhumane" ? Seems there's plenty in this country who accuse us of being "unfair and inhumane"
At the end of the day someone is either here "legally" or "illegally" What's the problem with deporting them if they're here "illegally" ?
In deference to Woody's request: start you own thread. Your comments have no relation to the OP.

This German pool is banning migrant men. www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35326090

Another sports centre is doing something similar.

Try that here, and there will be a claim going in before anyone can say "Hands off".

So why can Germany ban certain groups when they should be applying the same EU rules that all too often ties our hands?
we need some common scense here
you have a possibly non story here
you can ban people for acting inappropriatly there background is irrelevent its purely there actions that are wrong or innapropriate
in other words a group off people have acted in a manner not acceptable in the situation it doesnt condemn the whole "group" they are from

in other words a group off people have acted in a manner not acceptable in the situation it doesnt condemn the whole "group" they are from

Oh? Just like the football hooligan problem, age limits, no hoodies in shopping centres, "No dogs allowed", road speed bumps, and every other rule that had to deal with a problem by taking action that affects the majority.

In deference to Woody's request: start you own thread. Your comments have no relation to the OP.

Ahh so your reply mentioning this " Just a hunch. I'll look up the reference to ex-Ba'athists army commanders joining daesh to understand the tactical advantage potential for daesh to gain advantage over conventional national military forces and possibly to affect public opinion. TBC." has everything to do with the original question?

all i am saying is the story is very vague it uses words like groups so suggests perhaps six to 20 people
no one has been challenged yet as they dont know how to enforce the action so suggests a small ongoing problem
if they are guilty then they deserve the punishment

Ahh so your reply mentioning this " Just a hunch. I'll look up the reference to ex-Ba'athists army commanders joining daesh to understand the tactical advantage potential for daesh to gain advantage over conventional national military forces and possibly to affect public opinion. TBC." has everything to do with the original question?
Perhaps, but Woody didn't seem to think so. I was suggesting that just perhaps the attacks in German cities on new years eve and the incidents in the swimming pools were a calculated orchestrated attack on western values, calculated and orchestrated by ex-Ba'athist, now deash commanders, to alienate the refugees in the eyes of their welcoming German hosts. A clever strategy, if that's what it was.

But then Woody seemed to think that your comment about the UK Criminal Cases Review Commission was "... a valid content there, thanks for quoting it" and your inaccurate comment about "as I type, Germany is deporting failed asylum seekers" were valid and relevant comments.

My opinion was that your reference to the UK CCRC was absolutely irrelevant, and your comment about Germany deporting failed asylum seekers was plainly inaccurate.

So I'm inclined to think that Woody decides whether the comment is valid or not, depending on the poster, not the content of the post.

So I'm inclined to think that Woody decides whether the comment is valid or not,

Yes I do. You can too on your own threads.

You will recall my "stick to the question" post, as you commented on it.

So yes, jockscotts post was relevant and valid as it mentioned seemingly discriminatory action from EU members.

Sponsored Links
Back