Does this eaves detail look right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

im having a right nightmare with our low pitch profile eaves detail (roof 14.7 degree)

From the photo does this look ok?

Attachments

• 98F9D3A8-F0C9-4CEA-B604-EA2EC34EC635.jpeg
    98F9D3A8-F0C9-4CEA-B604-EA2EC34EC635.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 274
Sponsored Links
What do you think is wrong?

Also are them tiles definitely suitable for a pitch that shallow?

Firstly the water from the main roof is over shooting in heavy rain. Also now got an issue that some water is dripping out the soffit.

yes it’s a Marley melodies down to 12.5 degree

just think as it’s a rolled tile the first tile doesn’t keep blown water out.

Sponsored Links
Angle of camera mate, it’s defo 14.7 degrees, just doubled checked with the velux roof app

Tiles too high/gutter too low. I would not expect to see the tile trough from that angle, it should be obscured by the gutter

Plus, are the tiles too far over the gutter?

What you mean by trough? If you mean the water go over the edge.. my issue is that our house and next doors have one down pipe and unlucky it falls onto my extension roof, so when it rains heavily my god the amount of water is horrendous.

I could try and higher the gutter up again.

Gutter/downpipe too small for the amount of water.

No I don’t think so, I would say more the fact the shear volume of water / speed.

i have turn the main roof outlet to the side but still have an issue.. i need to restrict the follow I think. Maybe block the end of the Down pipe from the main roof and drill some holes to make the water come out slower

Catlad what’s wrong with it.. it isn’t 10 degrees... it is 14.7 degree.

the way I’ve cropped the photo makes it look a lot flatter.

You'd give yourself half a chance by redoing the main roof downpipe so it drops straight to soakaway/drainage....

Catlad what’s wrong with it.. it isn’t 10 degrees... it is 14.7 degree.

the way I’ve cropped the photo makes it look a lot flatter.

I. Down pipe exiting on new roof.
2. fascia too high.
3. lead apron interrupted by window.
4. Skylight too low.
5. Tiles poorly fitted.
When they give these magic low pitch figures for tiles it means without skylights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back