Does this house have a damp problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looking at a property (not got inside yet) and noticed this on the front

There is a big patch of damp just above the flat roof that can be seen on the right.

It rained heavily here yesterday, but has been dry all night and day. The front of this house isn't in the sun as it's pretty much north facing.

Never had a house with wooden cladding - is this normal or the sign of dodgy guttering and maybe something serious?

thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20181219_130609_crop.jpg
    20181219_130609_crop.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 107
Sponsored Links
Def something wrong. Interesting that they have the window open in December too.

Maybe it could be water pooling on the flat roof and soaking into cladding that's been poorly installed? Looks similar to how a shed base can spread water upwards.

might be dripping gutter. go and look after rain.

Sponsored Links
20181219_130609_crop_edit.jpg
When I open the image in a new tab and zoom in I can see what looks like a problem with the guttering directly above the damp area. It looks like the join between the two sections has dropped.

Got to be the guttering. Separately I wouldn't say having the window open in December is strange at all. Yesterday was 11 degrees and I like ventilation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back